Thursday, July 7, 2016

A four-minute movie about our kids overnight weekend summer camp in the wilderness and on our homestead

Hello darlings.  This morning, my heart is so full of gratitude.  Steve and I are in Los Angeles (Venice Beach, man!) at a conference, and we left our children and homestead in charge of their wonderful and capable grandparents.   

Yesterday, we must have walked ten miles at the beach and board walk.  I can't even begin to tell you about the fun we're having people-watching.

One of the reasons I feel such gratitude is that the contrast between the city and our wilderness homestead in Washington state is so dramatic, and I'm realizing yet again how much I love nature, solitude, and the sacred simplicity of living this wholesome homesteading lifestyle of ours.

I'm noticing how here in L.A. people seem to be very concerned with how they look, showing off their cars, haircuts, muscles and boobs.  Okay, now I sound judgemental, so I'll stop.

I wanted to show you the short movie I made about our homesteading/wilderness summer camp for kids.  I took 800 photos on the weekend of the camp and kept filming little snippets, so it was hard to distill the experience down to only a four-minute clip.



If the movie doesn't show up for you in this post, just click here, and you can watch it on my youtube channel.

We are doing another one of these camps August 19-21, so if you know anyone who would like to attend, please forward this email to them!

PS: We had a bunch of people ask us if we ever would do this for adults as well.  Sure we could.  It would be helpful if you left a comment telling us if you would be interested in a camp like this for adults, and what exactly you want to learn.

5 comments:

  1. OhEmGee that is the cutest! Want some feedback? Hmmm? For what it's worth. Music is a little over powering. Would love to hear more chatter of the kids. You could have NO music while they're stalking for more realistic effect. I wonder if you have an natural ochre in your creek for primitive painting? Your kids must be in bliss to have so many other humans their size to bond with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. The movie is made and out there, so I can't change it any more. The kids don't use natural ochre but mud to paint their faces - mud and charcoal. There is no shortage of that kind of stuff around for an excuse to get dirty!

      Delete
    2. I forgot to add have fun in El Lay as a novelty and useful contrast to Washington. I have the same experience in the city. It's all TOO MUCH. Too many people, too much noise, too much going on, too much hustle and bustle. There's very little place for the senses to rest.

      Delete
  2. Watching those kids have so much fun put a huge smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? There's nothing like watching kids having fun!

      Delete

Click on the image to download my free ebook and to join my mailing list

Become a patron!!!

If you like our blog, please become a patron. What the heck does that mean? As a patron, you give us as little as $1 a month (or as much as $20 a month) to show your support and get exclusive, patron-only content from us. You will get tutorials, recipes, inspiration, and support from us, the homesteading, wilderness and homeschooling experts! You can cancel anytime!

https://www.patreon.com/Marblemounthomestead

Popular Posts