Sunday, February 23, 2014

Steve's sweater


What do you give a man who already has everything he could possibly want?  How do you show your love to a human being who is inherently content and happy?  Enter my husband: He hates spending money just for the sake of spending it, and he doesn't want me to do it for him.  Can you imagine how hard it is to shop for him at Christmas, or for his birthday?
So here is what I came up with this Christmas: I was going to knit him a sweater.  I found a pattern I loved, and fortunately, so did he.  I let him choose the color for the sweater.
I finished it yesterday.  Steve loves it.  So do I.
He saw me knit it for two months and heard me curse and swear through it (cables and fancy construction techniques can challenge even an advanced knitter).  So he really knows how much this gift means, labored over by his wife for many, many hours.
Ohhhh, how I love this man!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the image to download my free ebook and to join my mailing list

Become a patron!!!

If you like our blog, please become a patron. What the heck does that mean? As a patron, you give us as little as $1 a month (or as much as $20 a month) to show your support and get exclusive, patron-only content from us. You will get tutorials, recipes, inspiration, and support from us, the homesteading, wilderness and homeschooling experts! You can cancel anytime!

https://www.patreon.com/Marblemounthomestead

Popular Posts