Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bliss, Beaches, and Beauty


I took the kids camping for a couple of days.  We all needed a change of scenery, and we sure needed a change of the yucky, damp weather.  Instead of days and days of rain, we got sunburnt, buried ourselves in the hot sand, and cooked bacon on an open fire.  We explored several beaches, hiked to a lighthouse, collected crab shells, piled seaweed, played with sun warmed smooth rocks, and one of the members in our family got a lot of knitting done at the beach, and didn't even feel guilty about not getting any home schooling done.  What's not to love?  Steve worked during the day (like, you know, for money), but he joined us in the afternoon.

This is at Bowman Bay, one of my favorite places in the world.
Kai and Luke are doing 100 pushups each a day.  Steve got them to do it... I don't know what the deal is.  It's a guy thing.
There is even a playground at Bowman Bay.  Play with a view.
Walking through a wetland to get to Lottie Lighthouse.


After Eva fell flat on her face, the boys comfort her as we take a rest, with a view of Deception Pass Bridge.
Hiking through enchanted forests with the smell of roses wafting through sun warmed air with the sound of children's laughter - how many cliches can I put into one sentence?
That's Kai and Luke out on that point.  If you look closely, you can see the Olympic Mountains way in the back.

I love this sun hat I knitted for myself.  It really works.
Steve joined us in the afternoon.  Eva loved having Daddy around.  I did too.


Amazing rock formations at Deception Pass Beach.


And when we got home, I got greeted by my lovely roses, who had exploded into bloom while I was away!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the image to download my free ebook and to join my mailing list

Become a patron!!!

If you like our blog, please become a patron. What the heck does that mean? As a patron, you give us as little as $1 a month (or as much as $20 a month) to show your support and get exclusive, patron-only content from us. You will get tutorials, recipes, inspiration, and support from us, the homesteading, wilderness and homeschooling experts! You can cancel anytime!

https://www.patreon.com/Marblemounthomestead

Popular Posts