Sunday, February 26, 2017

It's a short one, but totally worth it

Whenever my homeschooled kids give me a bad attitude about having to do chores or needing to do math at the kitchen table, I tell them: "You could be sitting in school right now."

That usually shuts them up.  They know how good our homeschooling life is, where they don't have to sit at a desk for hours.

Instead, they spend a lot of time outdoors, which is a blessing because all three of them are very active and need lots of exercise.

Our middle child Luke has learned how to make movies, and here is his latest one.  

It's only two minutes long, and you HAVE to watch it.  Not only because it shows Luke and his brother running through gorgeous old growth forest in our neighborhood, but also because I want the video to get some views on Youtube, which will boost Luke's self esteem and will want him to make more movies.  I love showing our lives from a child's eye.

Needy, aren't I?



10 comments:

  1. Great jobs guys! You reminded me of those crazy guys who leap form buildings in the city. That forest is awesome! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Aren't they lucky to have such a beautiful forest as a playground?

      Delete
  2. Wow! The scenery is gorgeous and I love the energy in this video! Those boys can really move. Fun to watch. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, they sure can move, can't they? I cannot keep up with these guys any more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video! My homeschooling teens and I traveled to WA last spring for the first time and your woods brought back many fond memories of our trip😀. I would totally watch another video if you made one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to show to my 12 yo daughter. Not home schooled, but Waldorf schooled. I want her to see that the internet is a tool. It can be used to learn a skill, share art or celebrate nature. So much of the stuff posted by kids is commercial or celebrating a very shallow lifestyle. Thank you and your creative kids for sharing an alternative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I'm so excited that people are liking these videos, and that they are inspired by them. And yes, the internet can be such an amazing tool, if you weed through all the crazy stuff... Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete

Click on the image to download my free ebook and to join my mailing list

Become a patron!!!

If you like our blog, please become a patron. What the heck does that mean? As a patron, you give us as little as $1 a month (or as much as $20 a month) to show your support and get exclusive, patron-only content from us. You will get tutorials, recipes, inspiration, and support from us, the homesteading, wilderness and homeschooling experts! You can cancel anytime!

https://www.patreon.com/Marblemounthomestead

Popular Posts