Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Part Two: Our visit to Germany

I took so many pictures when we spent two weeks in Germany in July/August, there's no way I can fit them all into one blog post.


So here is the second instalment of our trip. You can find part one HERE.

Do you know the movie "Sound of Music?" The hills are alive with music and all that jazz? Well, this is exactly the scene where I grew up. Words don't do it justice. Let me take you on some of our hikes. Look:







I adore hiking in the Alps, listening to the sound of cow bells, climbing to the highest points where the summit cross looms...

I love stopping in one of the little Alp huts, where you can rest your tired legs and order beer or cake or both.

There's nothing like the smell this region, with its lush pastures, fragrant with herbal undertones, mixed in with the sweet smell of manure. Honestly, it smells fantastic to me.





I'm so blessed that my sisters are equally obsessed with the outdoors as I am. Our visit was a very active one: hiking, biking, walking, swimming...

How wonderful it was to connect with all three of them.

Let me introduce you to the bunch. Manuela, aka "Manu", my two-year-older sister, on the right below:


Then there is Kerstin, aka "Pepe", one year younger than I am. People used to think we were twins, since we are so close in age and always inseparable. She's on the left below:


And then there's Isabel, aka "Belli", who has visited me in Germany several times over the years. She's the one on the right below:





Below is my Dad, who was in a coma a couple of years back and has made a fantastic recovery. He has lived in my hometown for 73 years and knows all the best bike trips, and he was our biking tour guide:


And my Mom, who had to have knee replacement surgery right after we left, poor thing. That's her with my hubby on our boat tour on Lake Constance (Bodensee):


And lastly, but not leastly, all my nephews and nieces, together for a photoshoot for the first time in our lives:




Next week, I'll show you the last instalment of our trip: more hiking pictures, and also scenes from the gorgeous cathedrals we visited (and climbed up onto until our hearts burst). 

Also, this is when I'll announce my newest exciting idea, and I'll want your feedback.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing. Maybe one day I'll get to Germany. My great-great Grandparents were from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wunderschoen. mein naechster Urlaub in Deutschland ist Weihnachten 2019

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever regret leaving there? The U.S. is great but.....

    ReplyDelete

Click on the image to download my free ebook and to join my mailing list

Become a patron!!!

If you like our blog, please become a patron. What the heck does that mean? As a patron, you give us as little as $1 a month (or as much as $20 a month) to show your support and get exclusive, patron-only content from us. You will get tutorials, recipes, inspiration, and support from us, the homesteading, wilderness and homeschooling experts! You can cancel anytime!

https://www.patreon.com/Marblemounthomestead

Popular Posts