Friday, April 18, 2014

Baby goats


This is what our days look like lately.  Baby goats, baby goats, baby goats.
At 4 am on Friday, I woke up thinking that I should go check on my pregnant goat Gracie in the barn.  It was so cozy in my bed and so rainy and cold outside, I went back to sleep instead.  At 5 am, I woke up again, and I urgently thought that I really needed to go to the barn.  So I did, and as I turned the light on in the barn, I saw that Gracie started to push a baby out.  I ran back inside the house, put on my barn clothes, got Steve and a hair dryer for reinforcement, and together we assisted two baby goats into the world.
We now have a total of four tiny goofballs in our barn, and my human kids adore them (especially Eva and her best friend).  They are a riot together.  If you are ever depressed or sad, try to sit on the ground in a barn filled with goat kids.  They will make you laugh, probably sooner than later.


As you can see, we can't keep our human kids out of the barn to play with the caprine kids.  Even Kai, my eleven-year old, is not too cool to delight in them.  Eva sprawls on the straw with the frolicking babies and is getting entirely too comfortable underneath the adult goats, who gingerly step over her to nurse their babies.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Click on the image to download my free ebook and to join my mailing list

Become a patron!!!

If you like our blog, please become a patron. What the heck does that mean? As a patron, you give us as little as $1 a month (or as much as $20 a month) to show your support and get exclusive, patron-only content from us. You will get tutorials, recipes, inspiration, and support from us, the homesteading, wilderness and homeschooling experts! You can cancel anytime!

https://www.patreon.com/Marblemounthomestead

Popular Posts